Saturday, May 16, 2009

Big Book Quote of the Day - May 16, 2009

"We agnostically inclined would not feel satisfied with a proposal
which does not lend itself to reasonable approach and interpretation.
Hence we are at pains to tell why we think our present faith is
reasonable, why we think it more sane and logical to believe than not
to believe, why we say our former thinking was soft and mushy when we
threw up our hands in doubt and said, 'We don't know.'"

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4Th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 53

As I read today's quote, it brings back something that my sponsor told me early on, "God is the answer, what is the question?"  Of course, I didn't understand what he meant.  Later in my sobriety (after being laid from a very cushy job) someone else told me, "Trust the Source."  "But that company let me go", I said.  "Trust the Source" again was the reply.  

Its much easier to trust that a power greater than myself is out there and has created everything than to believe the other side of the equation - that everything just appeared and we're going nowhere and came from nothing. 

I may be stupid but I am not that stupid.


No comments:

Post a Comment