Thursday, May 14, 2009

Big Book Quote of the Day - May 14, 2009

"The great fact is just this, and nothing less:  That we have had deep and effective spiritual experiences which have revolutionized our whole attitude toward life, toward our fellows and toward God's universe.  The central fact of our lives today is the absolute certainty that our Creator has entered into our hearts and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous.  He has commenced to accomplish those things for us which we could never do ourselves." 

- Alcoholics Anonymous, 4Th Edition, There is a Solution, Page 25

God is now doing for me what I couldn't do for myself.  The first six months of my sobriety I thought about drinking every waking moment of the day.  After completing my Fifth Step with the help of my sponsor, a God of my understanding removed the desire for me to drink.  I had made countless attempts to control (stop) my drinking but to no avail.  Until my Higher Power touched my life, things were never going to change.   It was then that I could start to see the promises of Alcoholics Anonymous.  Today, I see my self as an agent for god's handiwork.

- PeterB in NC 

No comments:

Post a Comment