Monday, May 18, 2009

Big Book Quote of the Day - May 17, 2009

"In a few seconds he was overwhelmed by a conviction of the Presence of God. It poured over and through him with the certainty and majesty of a great tide at flood. The barriers he had built through the years were swept away. He stood in the Presence of Infinite Power and Love. He had stepped from bridge to shore. For the first time, he lived in conscious companionship with his Creator."

- Alcoholics Anonymous, 4Th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 56

As I look at the Big Book reading for today, it once again reminds me that I am not alone.  How cool it was when I first joined this fellowship and realized that I didn't have to be alone any longer.  This way I would always have a power that would always be there for me if I chose to acknowledge it.  I am able to walk hand in hand with my creator, and knowing and I will never be alone.  The presence of God is always there even when I don't feel it and just like the poem, Footprints, God is carrying me even if I don't see or feel it.

- Peter B in NC 

No comments:

Post a Comment